MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATIONThe MBA program at the Cordia Business School (CBS) is designed to provide to it’s students a set of attributes that are essential in managing the complexities of the business world today. The Degree program has the flexibility and the depth required to provide the students a set of well-defined choices which align with his/her interests. The MBA program is of two year full-time duration and is delivered over four semesters.
The core courses in the MBA program introduce students to the various areas of business such as accounting, finance, marketing, human resources, operations management, etc. Students in MBA programs have the option of taking general business courses throughout the program or can select an area of concentration. Over the two years of MBA, you’ll study about various factors (laws, trends, markets, economies) that effect businesses and the running of businesses. You’ll also be exposed to ‘real-life situations’ in an attempt to make sure that you don’t crumble under pressure if the going ever gets tough in the future. There are a number of subjects which, more than anything, simply broaden your perspective about everything under the sun.
It is important for you to remember that an MBA is a pretty rigorous program don’t get discouraged, though. Some of your best times will be in your MBA Program, especially if you develop a keen interest in exploring new ideas. Meeting deadlines and completing projects becomes enjoyable. Most importantly, you make some excellent friends, and develop as an individual on the whole.
Program Learning Outcomes
- To provide intensive theoretical and practical knowledge of management.
- To enhance the student's analytical abilities.
- To provide access to a broad base of knowledge in core managerial skills.
- Engage in critical and analytical thinking, appreciate self-awareness, openness and sensitivity to diversity in terms of people, cultures, businesses and management issues.
- To develop the essential management skills required to meet and participate in an increasingly international business environment.
- To build upon the essential core management subjects allowing greater emphasis on elective subjects of management.
- Understanding the nature and working of business organization.
- Writing of reports involving data presentation and analysis.
- Communicate ideas effectively.
- Effectively utilizing statistical software packages.
- Work independently and to manage time efficiently.
- An appreciation of the diversity of behavior in professional practice situations;
- Knowledge of appropriate codes of ethics, standards, practices and the related consequences associated with transgressions;
- Knowledge of, and disposition to display, social responsibilities, environmental stewardship, and corporate citizenship; and
- Knowledge of legal issues and requirements within Canadian and international contexts.